Replies

• It certainly does.  And, today was one of those days.  It was also cloudy all day, with rain around mid day, then a t-storm later in the afternoon.  Temps are cooler than normal.  When I lived in L.A., 110* was easier to take dry than a 90* day with high humidity.

Kim B said:

I prefer dry heat too.... but I live on the east coast like Cheryl.  Humidity does bit when its above 80 degrees.

• I prefer dry heat too.... but I live on the east coast like Cheryl.  Humidity does bit when its above 80 degrees.

• True, but did you notice this:

Winter storm warnings have been issued by the NWS in August during the past two years in our nation's 49th state. This occurred on Aug. 22 (2016) and Aug. 26 (2015), and both were in the Brooks Range.

2016 came 4 days earlier that 2015, and 2017 is coming 10 days earlier than 2016 (or 14 days earlier than 2015).  I think this indicates the Earth is tilting away from the sun more.

Further, notice the links to other articles about fall colors coming earlier?  Never used to see those.  I was up at a higher elevation a couple of days ago (on 8/10) and saw fall colors at 2,500' elevation.  They are saying that happens in ALASKA at the END of August.  BUT, it is happening VIRGINIA MID-August.

Keith H said:

In Alaska... what misleading headlines.
  • I expect to see a lot of early snow this year.

This reply was deleted.