http://www.shtfplan.com/headline-news/security-alert-windows-10-has-been-quietly-logging-every-keystroke-you-type-and-sending-it-to-microsoft-this-is-how-to-stop-it_03232017

You need to be a member of Earthchangers College to add comments!

Join Earthchangers College

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• It's what they know.  Other systems might not work with all programs out there. 

Jim Haas said:

I can tell by the number of views you got on this one, Cheryl, that most people are still trapped in the Microsoft Windows System, while there are much better systems out there.  Most hackers love windows.  Why do people continue to use it???

• I can tell by the number of views you got on this one, Cheryl, that most people are still trapped in the Microsoft Windows System, while there are much better systems out there.  Most hackers love windows.  Why do people continue to use it???

• LXDE eXtra Luxury Edition

https://sourceforge.net/projects/lxle/

• Official User Guide Linux Mint 18 Cinnamon Edition

Editions
    An Edition is a release of Linux Mint which is customized to address a certain set of
    needs. This guide covers the
    Cinnamon
    Edition. Here are some of the most popular
    editions:

Cinnamon
    Edition (uses a
    Cinnamon
    desktop)

Mate Edition (uses a Mate desktop)

Official User Guide Linux Mint 17.3 MATE Edition

KDE Edition (uses a KDE desktop)

Xfce
    Edition (uses an Xfce desktop)
    If you don't know which edition to use, choose the MATE Edition. It's not as popular as
    the Cinnamon Edition but it is compatible with a wider variety of hardware
    specifications.
    Where to find help
    The Linux Mint community is very helpful and very active. If you have questions or a
    problem related to Linux Mint, you should be able to get help from other users online.
    First, make sure to register with the “Linux Mint Forums”. This is the very first place
    where you can find help:
    http://www.linuxmint.com/forum

• Yes good to use an older unit so that you get the feel of a new system!

• I'm game, but I think I will try it out on my old Toshiba laptop first.  I have to get some DVD+R, as I don't have any.  School ends a week from Monday, so then I'll have time to tackle this.  Thanks for your help, Bill!  :D

Bill said:

Lets try it out first! Download it first then make an Imagine Disk on a DVD+R! Now you have a disk that you can boot up on and try out before you go installing some times the mouse, video, and maybe the WiFi don't work and there you go you have answered your ?'s before you screwed up your working Computer!

the LTS gives five yrs support the newest is 18.04 LTS! 16.04LTS is good til 2021 and all of the bugs are worked out so choose one!

Cheryl Nelson said:

He cited AMD.  I have Core i3 with 4gb memory.  Does that make a difference?

• Lets try it out first! Download it first then make an Imagine Disk on a DVD+R! Now you have a disk that you can boot up on and try out before you go installing some times the mouse, video, and maybe the WiFi don't work and there you go you have answered your ?'s before you screwed up your working Computer!

the LTS gives five yrs support the newest is 18.04 LTS! 16.04LTS is good til 2021 and all of the bugs are worked out so choose one!

Cheryl Nelson said:

He cited AMD.  I have Core i3 with 4gb memory.  Does that make a difference?

• He cited AMD.  I have Core i3 with 4gb memory.  Does that make a difference?

This reply was deleted.