earthquake (100)

Coast moved 8 feet, earth's rotation sped up 1.6 microseconds.

It "...caused a rupture 186 miles long and 93 miles wide in the sea floor 80 miles off the eastern coast of Japan. It happened 15 miles beneath the sea floor. The force of the quake was so strong that it moved the island of Honshu 8 feet to the east, said USGS geophysicist Ken Hudnut. It sped up the Earth's rotation by 1.6 microseconds, according to NASA.

http://www.heraldtribune.com/article/20110311/WIRE/110319867/-1/features?Title=Japan-quake-moved-coast-8-feet-but-nation-ready

http://www.startribune.com/science/117823073.html

Read more…

San Bruno Earthquake Identified

http://www.ktvu.com/news/24948907/detail.html
{JD: Here's a quotation from the page linked above. It documents the
exact hour and minute of the San Bruno explosion.}
" At 6:14 p.m., Stephanie Mullen, Associated Press news editor for photos based in San Francisco, was attending children's soccer practice with her two children and husband at Cresmoor High School when she saw the blast.
`First, it was a low deep roar and everybody looked up, and we all knew something big was happening,' she said. `Then there was a huge explosion with a ball of fire that went up behind the high school several thousand feet into the sky.' "

{Now, pull up the following earthquake map,}

http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/recenteqscanv/FaultMaps/122-38.html
{and move the white-glove index finger cursor onto the clay colored diagonal line just west of San Francisco. The words "San Andreas fault zone" will appear. Now, move the index finger cursor onto the tiny yellow square lying south-by-southwest of San Francisco, and right on the San Andreas fault. San Bruno is just a hair due east of that yellow square, which reads:
"Magnitude = 1.1 2010/09/09 18:11:12 UTC, which is equivalent to 6:11:12 Pacific Time." So, first this earthquake occurred, and then the San Bruno explosion occurred less than three minutes later, considering the time it took for the underground shock wave to travel the fraction of a mile from its epicenter on the San Andreas fault line, due east to the San Bruno underground gas main. Bingo! There's your reason for the San Bruno explosion. Guaranteed, the federal government, which has hijacked this investigation from the rightful jurisdiction of the State of California, will never ever tell you what I just told you. Below is the history of my reports on the earthquake which caused the San Bruno inferno. I posted the first report a couple of hours after the event. [See https://earthchanges.ning.com/profiles/blogs/earth-rumblings-implicated-in.]

John DiNardo
Read more…

Two articles, listed below. San Bruno is on top of the San Andreas fault.

This also raises the question, how does one prepare for such an event?

Short of you and/or your family and home being blown up initially, it is survivable. First, just like with earthquake preparedness, you should educate your family on the now increasing MULTIPLE types of disasters that can happen. Have your bug-out bags packed and ready to go. Make sure you have a burn kit in your medical kit. Pre-plan where you will go if your house is destroyed or threatened,where you will regroup if separated. Having a pre-supplied retreat is the best, but Grandma's farm or a friend out in the country can also be pre-supplied.

From: jadinardo@
Subject: Earth Rumbling DID Cause San Bruno Inferno!
To: jadinardo@
Date: Friday, September 10, 2010, 10:40 PM

My theory, posted last night, soon after the explosion, seems to be correct. Earth rumblings DID break the gas main, causing the San Bruno inferno! Major earthquakes may be about to erupt SOON around San Francisco!
That gas main was just yards away from the San Andreas Fault! Please see yesterday's two postings, appended below:
"Gas Main Broken Due to Earth Rumblings!" AND
"Look for San Francisco Pre-Earthquake Signs, Now!"
John DiNardo

http://forums.mercurynews.com/topic/the-risk-of-gas-pipelines-near-san-andreas-fault

Date: Thursday, September 9, 2010 11:43 pm
Subject: San Francisco Earthquake Imminent??
To: Undisclosed
> Now, look for signs that major earthquakes might occur in and around San Francisco.

John

Read more…

Earthquake Utah 4.1

Magnitude 4.1 - UTAH

2010 August 18 12:51:43 UTC

Earthquake Details

  • This is a computer-generated message -- this event has not yet been reviewed by a seismologist.
Magnitude4.1
Date-Time
  • Wednesday, August 18, 2010 at 12:51:43 UTC
  • Wednesday, August 18, 2010 at 06:51:43 AM at epicenter
Location37.635°N, 113.236°W
Depth1.2 km (~0.7 mile) (poorly constrained)
RegionUTAH
Distances
  • 12 km (7 miles) NNW (337°) from Kanarraville, UT
  • 15 km (9 miles) WSW (250°) from Cedar City, UT
  • 18 km (11 miles) NNE (20°) from New Harmony, UT
  • 113 km (70 miles) E (89°) from Caliente, NV
  • 238 km (148 miles) NE (47°) from Las Vegas, NV
Location Uncertaintyhorizontal +/- 0.6 km (0.4 miles); depth +/- 8.6 km (5.3 miles)
ParametersNST= 23, Nph= 23, Dmin=14 km, Rmss=0.4 sec, Gp= 76°,
M-type=duration magnitude (Md), Version=1
Source
Event IDuu00007300

Read more…

http://www.jpl.nasa.gov/news/news.cfm?release=2010-258

August 05, 2010

"New NASA airborne radar images of Southern California near the U.S.-Mexico border show Earth's surface is continuing to deform following the April 4 magnitude, 7.2 temblor and its many aftershocks that have rocked Mexico's state of Baja California and parts of the American Southwest."

Read more…

Four EQ's hit the Phillipines in one day !

7.4 M - MORO GULF, MINDANAO, PHILIPPINES

For updates, maps, and technical information, see:

Event Page
or
USGS Earthquake Hazards Program

National Earthquake Information Center
U.S. Geological Survey
http://neic.usgs.gov/

10-degree Map Centered at 5°N,125°E

Skip to earthquake lists
globe showing location of 10-degree map
10-degree map showing recent earthquakes

7.4 Mb - MORO GULF, MINDANAO, PHILIPPINES

For updates, maps, and technical information, see:

Event Page
or
USGS Earthquake Hazards Program

National Earthquake Information Center
U.S. Geological Survey
http://neic.usgs.gov/

10-degree Map Centered at 5°N,125°E

Skip to earthquake lists
globe showing location of 10-degree map
10-degree map showing recent earthquakes

7.3 Mw - MORO GULF, MINDANAO, PHILIPPINES

For updates, maps, and technical information, see:

Event Page
or
USGS Earthquake Hazards Program

National Earthquake Information Center
U.S. Geological Survey
http://neic.usgs.gov/

10-degree Map Centered at 5°N,125°E

Skip to earthquake lists
globe showing location of 10-degree map
10-degree map showing recent earthquakes

6.9 Mb - MORO GULF, MINDANAO, PHILIPPINES

For updates, maps, and technical information, see:

Event Page
or
USGS Earthquake Hazards Program

National Earthquake Information Center
U.S. Geological Survey
http://neic.usgs.gov/

10-degree Map Centered at 5°N,125°E

Skip to earthquake lists
globe showing location of 10-degree map
10-degree map showing recent earthquakes

Read more…

9.0 Switzerland,

temp

M 9.0 - SWITZERLAND - 2010-07-22 13:51 UTC

Report your experience

Automatic Translation :

Why is your contribution important?

Your observations can help improve earthquake response and also contribute
to scientific knowledge. Observations (including questionnaires,
pictures, etc.) can provide valuable in-situ constraints on earthquake
effects and, in the long term, improve the performance of our models of
earthquake impact.

MagnitudeM 9.0
RegionSWITZERLAND

Western Swiss Alpine Foreland
Date time2010-07-22 13:51:53.7 UTC
Location46.80 N ; 6.82 E
Distances35 km NE Lausanne (pop 116,751 ; local time 15:51 2010-07-22)
15 km E Yverdon (pop 23,702 ; local time 15:51 2010-07-22)
5 km SW Cugy (pop 1,523 ; local time 15:51 2010-07-22)
Global view
Source parameters provided by another agency

More information at:

bul.gif Laboratoire de Détection et de Géophysique Bruyères-le-Châtel, France
bul.gif Réseau National de Surveillance Sismique Strasbourg, France
bul.gif Bureau Central de la Sismologie Francaise (BCSF) Strasbourg, France
bul.gif Swiss Seismological Service Zuerich, Switzerland

Here is the EMSC page I copied this morning, Sorry guys that it took so long to post, the moment I tried to Post it here, I got disconnected from the server, I have only now been able to get back on.
Read more…

New ZT on the New Madrid

I have a question regarding the impending New Madrid Fault adjustment. I understand that to the east of the fault line the land will rise and that to the west it will sink. Will this happen in an instant as the initial adustment occurs, or will it happen over the course of hours or even days. Understanding this will help in preparations for it. The same goes for the east coast sinking . Will all this occur within minutes or will the elevation changes take hours or even longer to occur?

Our description on the pole shift itself describes not a single jolt when the crust stops moving but a series of jolts. Most severe earthquakes are like this, in fact, if one examines their pattern. There are small quakes ahead of time, swarms, and jiggling that unsettles people as they sense something is pending. Then when the rock fingers that are preventing the fault line from sliding or subducting suddenly break, a large jolt. This often, within minutes, results in more jolts as the pressure that was at one point now moves to be pressure at the next point where rock fingers are holding the slippage. Aftershocks result, as yet more rock fingers break, until a point arrives where there is so much resistance to slippage that the quake and its after effects is considered complete.

For the New Madrid, which will include the European tsunami in its effects, there will be one large jolt with a subsequent and almost immediate tearing of the Atlantic. We have stated that the European tsunami will be the largest, but smaller ones will follow in time. Likewise for the New Madrid adjustment, which involve a tearing of the entire N American continent from the seaway down to Mexico. This adjustment will not occur until minor rock fingers have been steadily broken in a number of places. The areas to be affected have already been experiencing quake swarms, buckling roadways, sinkholes, breaking dams, and unsettling jigging which is unexplained by the authorities. When the primary blockage gives, there will be a huge jolt, with little warning. Aftershocks will continue until the time of the pole shift itself.

http://zetatalk.com/ning/10jy2010.htm

Read more…

Blog Topics by Tags

Monthly Archives