The promise of a new day
Here are suggestions for combating the flu:
1) Preventative: colon cleanse, liver cleanse, natural diet (eliminate white sugar and white flour from your diet). Your immune system cannot fight the flu as well if your body is bogged down with toxin waste.
2) Drink at least 8 cups of water a day (64 ozs.). Purified water and/or decaf green tea are the best choice. Drinking enough water flushes toxins from your body and as flu viri die toxins are massively produced.
3) DO NOT CONSUME ASPARTAME (NUTRASWEET), SPLENDA, OR ANY OTHER FORM OF ARTIFICIAL SWEETNER! These are poisons and will slow your recovery.
4) Boost your immune system: Take Vitamin C, the amino acid lysine, a high-potency multivitamin/multimineral tab, a calcium/magnesium supplement (more on magnesium below at #3), other anti-viral agents such as l-proline and l-glycine (amino acids), turmeric extract capsules, ginger capsules, garlic capsules, 15mg zinc/1-mg copper capsules or tabs, oil of oregano (organic if possible), decaffeinated green tea extract, N-Acetyl Cysteine (NAC) and non-GMO soy protein drink concentrate (organic is best). Read the following article (link below the quote) for warnings to pregnant mothers, dosing information, and other vital information.
"For people who have weakened immunity and are vitamin C deficient, this influenza likely kills it victims by rapidly depleting ascorbate (vitamin C) stores in the body, inducing scurvy and collapse of the arterial blood supply, causing internal hemorrhaging of the lungs and sinus cavities.
"Most people today have barely enough vitamin C in their bodies (typically 60 mg per day) to prevent scurvy under normal living conditions, and are not prepared for this kind of illness."
5) Vitamin D. See these articles at
According to Dr. Cannell, "Stock your home's pharmacy with several fresh bottles of 50,000 IU capsules of Vitamin D3 (a medicine at this dosage, not a supplement) and if you get this flu, take 2,000 IU kg of body weight per day for a week. As I weigh 220 pounds, I would take 200,000 IU per day for seven days if I thought I had an infection with a 1918-like influenza virus." [This is an adult dosage available at https://secure.bio-tech-pharm.com/detail.aspx?product_id=20&cat....]
6) "When the flu strikes, ... electrolyte abnormalities, mainly hypokalemia and hypomagnesemia [arise and] are associated with an increased risk for complications like developing cardiac arrhythmias. Magnesium replacement reduces morbidity and prolonged hospitalization from atrial fibrillation or mortality from sustained ventricular arrhythmias. ... Due to lack of magnesium the heart muscle can develop a spasm or cramp and stops beating. Most people, including doctors, don't know it but without sufficient magnesium we die." --From Viral Poppycock, by Dr. William Campbell Douglass II at http://rense.com/general85/viral.htm.
7) Essential Oils: Lavender, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree (melaleuca alternafolia). You can diffuse these in your house and car to keep the air clean. If you get congestion or have respiratory symptoms rub Eucalyptus mixed with a little olive oil on your chest. You can also add 3-5 drops to a bowl of steaming water. Put a towel over your head and the bowl and inhale while it is steaming. Obviously, hold the bowl far enough away from your face so you do not get burned. Other oils to use are Young Living's "Thieves Oil" or make a "thieves' vinegar." There are a number of recipes. One recipe is at http://www.kitchendoctor.com/articles/four_thieves.html.
Adding to the lore mentioned on this site, there was a town in England during the black plague years that had many lavender plants around it, so the air was perfumed with the scent of lavender. The people in this town did not have the death rate of the other nearby towns, presumably because of the lavender which "scrubs" the air of bacteria, viruses, and other airborne germs. This is why sanitaria tend to be in mountainous, alpine areas.
8) Another recipe for "Thieves oil" is at http://stevequayle.com/News.alert/06_Prep_tips/090427.oils.html. We will repeat the recipe here in case the internet goes down:
Clove oil (syzgium aromaticum) 200 drops or 1/2 oz.
Lemon oil (Citrus limon) 175 drops
Cinnamon Bark oil (Cinnamoomum verum) 100 drops
Eucalyptus oil (Eucalyptus radiata) 75 drops
Rosemary oil (Rosimarinus officinalis) 50 drops
Place into a small dark-colored (brown or blue) bottle. "This blend of therapeutic-grade essential oils was tested at Weber State University for its potent antimicrobial properties. Thieves oil was found to have a 99.96% kill rate against airborne bacteria. The oils are highly anti-viral, anti-septic, anti-bacterial, and anti-infectious."
We suggest that you invest in a nebulizer with a timer and keep it running day and night during the flu season. Our favorite nebulizer is showcased at http://www.aromatherapeutix.com/catalog/category8/product168. It's good to have a spare because you don't want to be in the middle of a pandemic and have your nebulizer break (though ours has been running nightly for years and hasn't broken yet) or worse, the electricity goes out, you can also put the oils in a small spray bottle and mist the air in your home, around your work space, and in your car. Another idea the article suggests is to place the mixture in a pan of water (or, we add, a teakettle used for humidifying the air) and place on a wood stove.
If you get ill, apply a few drops of the Thieves oil to the bottom of your feet or on your abdomen and rub it into your skin 2-3 times a day. Remember: oil and water do not mix. If an oil burns you, rub olive oil (or some other non-essential oil) where it burns and that should relieve it. Flushing it with water will not work.
9) New Super Silver Solution or ASAP Silver Solution (both patent pending and doctor-tested). ASAP is at http://www.beprepared.com and Super Silver Solution info is at http://www.survivalcenter.com/asap.html.
10) Sambucus (Sambucol), available at http://www.vitacost.com/Natures-Way-Sambucus-Syrup-Original. This was developed by a virologist and tested against the bird flu (in birds). It was found to be very effective (for birds). Read the human reviews.
NOTE: Survivalblog.com posted this WARNING about elderberry syrup (Sambucol or Sambucus) inducing cytokine storms (which is what the flu might do): http://www.survivalblog.com/2009/04/letter_re_sambucol_and_the_cyt.....
The fluwiki.com link no longer works but the pertinent part was copied to survivalblog. In case the internet goes down, it is repeated here: "However, elderberry also increases cytokine production. One specific concern with H5N1 infections is the possibility that this strain of flu may induce cytokine storm, leading to ARDS and the high mortality associated with it. It is unknown if the increased circulating cytokines that elderberry and other alternative medicines induce could increase a victim's risk of cytokine storm. Medical science does not currently know the exact mechanism that triggers cytokine storm. We cannot say if increased cytokine levels before or during infection is a risk factor for ARDS or an effect of some other mechanism that begins the inflammatory cascade that results in it. High cytokine levels are documented to be associated with ARDS, but causation is unknown..."
Sauerkraut could fight bird flu, say scientists
By Jasper Copping, originally at
It was found to cure bird flu in birds.
Home-made sauerkraut recipe
(Filed: 13 November 2005)
To make your own sauerkraut, follow this recipe, which should give you up to 30 servings.
You will need a large pot and a plate that fits inside it, a cloth and large weight (approx 8lb)
• 5lb of cabbage
• 3 tbs salt (use sea salt)
• 3 apples
• 10 cracked juniper berries
For flavour, you can add onions, garlic, seaweed, grated carrots, Brussels sprouts or turnips.
Shred the cabbage and mix with the salt - the salt draws water from the cabbage and creates the brine in which it ferments and sours without rotting.
Next add slices of apple and cracked juniper berries.
Put the mix into the pot, leaving 2in at the top. Cover with a wet linen cloth and place the plate on top.
Put the weight on top of the plate. This will force the brine to rise high enough to reach the cloth.
Leave the sauerkraut to ferment, but skim off the scum from the surface every other day.
Replace the damp cloth frequently.
At 16C (60F), the fermenting process will take at least a month. A higher temperature will speed up the process, but the flavour will not be as good, so it is best to leave your sauerkraut in a cellar or larder.
Once fermentation is finished, place the sauerkraut in a pan and bring to the boil over a medium heat.
Remove from the heat and ladle the hot sauerkraut into jars.
The finished product can be eaten cold, but is more often warmed up. A traditional serving suggestion is to heat sauerkraut with pieces of bacon and a liberal dollop of goose fat.
12. The 5 Best Antiviral Products at http://www.naturalnews.com/RR-FiveBestAnti-ViralProducts.html.
13. Homeopathy. Read this article: http://www.drbuttar.com/blog/2009/05/swine-flu-and-the-great-flu-pa.... We use Washington Homeopathy Products at http://www.homeopathyworks.com/. A flu remedy called Oscillococcinum is widely available at pharmacies and elsewhere.
14. Survivalblog's Protecting Your Family From An Influenza Pandemic at http://www.survivalblog.com/asianflu.html. Note: This has an oral rehydration solution recipe, repeated here in case the internet goes down (and you have printed this Guide):
1/2 TEAspoon of salt
2 TABLEspoons honey, sugar, or rice powder
1/4 TEAspoon potassium chloride (table salt substitute)
1/2 TEAspoon trisodium citrate (can be replaced by baking soda)
1 quart of clean water
15. Information from Survivalblog from people who have worked with the N95 Respirator/Masks at http://www.survivalblog.com/2009/07/three_letters_re_n95_masks_for.....
16. Note: Paragraph # 11 above mentions that airborne viruses are small enough to pass through the N100 respirator/masks. The masks are good to stop airborne spittle, which is some help, but a cheaper cloth mask can do the same thing.
17. And if you are forced to take the vaccination, instructions from a doctor on how to mitigate (lessen) the adverse (bad) effects are in this article: Russell Blaylock, MD: What To Do If Forced To Take A Vaccination at http://rense.com/general87/vaccin.htm.